Saturday, March 24, 2012

Festival of Colors

Today we went to the Krishna Temple and participated in their Holi Festival or Festival of Colors. It is held once a year as they celebrate the coming of Spring, as well as life. It celebrated as every two hours there are 'throwings' of organic chalk into the air, as well as the throwing of the chalk onto one another in between that time.

When I arrived, this shirt was completely white...I had only been there 30 seconds, and this is how I was welcomed by my new chalk throwing friends...I knew it was going to be some good, good times!

I met some new fun people like this colorful little stallion...



This was quite an experience. We had a blast and a half. I met some delightful people.  It was crazy and insane and something everyone should do at least once in their life! So next March...let's go! I'll show ya the ropes. Bring your sunglasses, a bandanna (so you can breathe as 69 thousand people chuck chalk into the air at the same time), some bottled water, and you'll be good to go. You're gonna love it...I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment