Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Underdogs

I believe in cheering for the underdog. Always have. Always will. And this week especially, I realized that many times you will stand alone when doing this. (Unless you offer to make dinner for those who are on the fence. It's a sure way to sway the votes in your desired direction.)

The most recent example of this from my life...Voting for Bristol-the-Pistol Palin on Dancing With The Stars

I can't explain why I love this show as much as I do, but I do. And this season did not disappoint. I was really hoping that Florence Henderson would end up in the finals. But when Ms. Brady got voted out early on, I was full on board of the Bristol train. For this choice I was ridiculed, but I didn't care. So last week, the voting determined who would advance to the final show. I decided to send out a plea via text message, for folks to vote for ole Bristol and offered to cook dinner for anyone who would vote for her. (Good thing I've got my trusted Trisha Yearwood cookbook aka my kitchen bible!) I would like to believe that our texting tree is what launched her into the finals.

So yesterday at work, I declared it Dancing With The Stars Day and told everyone they needed to dress according to who they were voting for. So anyone voting for Jennifer Grey needed to wear something dance-ish. A tutu, a ballgown, whatever they had. Anyone voting for that cute little cup of cocoa Kyle Massey needed to wear something Disney. And for Bristol, something Alaskan. A co-worker of mine came in dressed for the Tundra in snow pants, thermal bottoms, and a heavy sweater to show her Bristol support.

This is what I wore...
(My personal favorite touch is the 'Hockey Mom' pin. Because you know, the only difference between a pit bull and a hockey mom is lipstick!)

Tonight the finale was on, and oh what a show it was. All of the dancers came back for a little appearance. The Hoff came back and did a little Baywatch number (it caused me to throw up a little). Then out came that gem Florence Henderson (bless her sweet Brady lovin' heart, but she looked like Ronald McDonald in drag). Then out came The Situation (threw up a little, again).

Then the moment of truth and glory...The winner was...not Bristol. Oh well. I can be a good sport and sincerely say, "Good job Jennifer. You were the best dancer. Well done."

I can't wait for the next season. Hopefully they have some more gems on there like Mary Tyler Moore or Bob Barker, or maybe Super Nanny or Dog The Bounty Hunter. One can only hope.

Until then I will just have to watch a few celebrity train wrecks on ice with 'Skating With The Stars'...

No comments:

Post a Comment