Thursday, November 4, 2010

New York, New York!

I'm back!!! Back from my little blogging sabbatical. Back from a stellar vacation. I'm back!

It is no secret that I love the great state of New York...more specifically Manhattan.

I love the lights, the hustle and bustle, the pizza and cheesecake, but maybe most of all I love Broadway.

I just got back from maybe one of the best trips I have ever taken in my entire life (thank you Ma for making it possible). Seriously, I am still trying to comprehend all that we saw and did. So many things were checked off from my BucketList (hereafter referred to simply as B.L.). My family joked that they were afraid to even fly home with me because of all the check marks...

I should have known it was going to be a magical trip when a lunch stop Thursday afternoon offered this delectable little surprise...
(That's right ladies and gents, the McRib is back!!!)

After the tasty trip to the 'Golden Arches', I took a little flight with Mary Poppins...

Then later that night we were off to see the Wizard...More specifically, 'Wicked.' What an incredible show! Yes, it really is as amazing as people have said it is.

Then more super excitement came on Saturday. We went to a matinee of 'Lombardi.' The two leads were the Dan Lauria (the dad from the 'Wonder Years') as Vince Lombardi, and the one and only Judith Light (Oh how I love her! You might know her as Angela from Who's The Boss and Judge Donnelly from Law&Order SVU) as his wife. Wonderful and gripping show.

Later that night we went to see the play "Promises, Promises" starring Kristin Chenoweth (Glinda from Wicked), Sean Hayes (Jack from Will&Grace), and Molly Shannon (SNL rockstar and the star of my 'number one favorite made for tv movie of all time' "Superstar", which most know is pretty much my alter-ego). After the show I had a dream come true moment. The picture below speaks a million words...
You know how there are times that you meet a celebrity that you admire, and are sorely disappointed at their rudeness or coldness? That was so not the case here...she could not have been more kind, friendly and sincere. She is the real deal. Absolutely delightful! I adore her even more than I did before, which I didn't think was possible. She is a true Superstar!

We all know I have a sick love for professional football. Some of my most delightful days during the year are Sundays between the months of September through January. On Sunday we went to the new Meadowlands Stadium (in East Rutherford, NJ where the Jets and Giants play. The place is HUGE!) to watch the Jets play the Packers. Good game (SO happy to have seen Green Bay win). Big check on the B.L.
(And to boot, after the game we saw Sarah Palin! Yes, the woman for whom we had a birthday party and ate moose chili. Another B.L. check!)

Another B.L. endeavor was ice skating in Rockefeller Plaza...
(Shockingly, I didn't even fall! Ice Capades watch out...Here I come!)

It was all so delightful. Good times and forever memories. I wish you all could have come. Can I count you in for next time?!

To New York I say...

Dearest NYC,
Don't cry for me Argentina, I mean New York, I will be back before you know it! Try not to miss me as much as I will be missing you. See you again sooner than later.
Love,
Shannon...The soon to be Broadway Star (debuting as a dancing dinner plate in Beauty & The Beast. Stay tuned folks, it's gonna be good)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love NYC too, but unfortunately my *ahem* husband doesn't like to travel anywhere that doesn't have a beach! *sigh* Anyway, I can't believe you met Molly Shannon. I will always associate volleyball and various Superstar-esque moves with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great time and don't check off all the B.L. stuff--you are too young. No wonder they weren't at all happy about all those checks. New Yorkk---well, I was a little petrified of it--but I was nervouse I was going to lose a few children when i was there. Maybe I need to go back with just adults. I just don't see the draw, but then again, I have had on blinders for half of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hellooooo there!!! I LOVE this....I want to go to NYC soooo bad. I am incredibly jealous. It looks like you had a blast...more jealous. Oh wait, except for that nastiness in a box at the top there. Gross. You went to NY and ate a mcrib...seriously? John also loves that thing and all I can say is yuck!! I am so happy i found your blog. I am really excited to stalk you now!!

    ReplyDelete