Friday, December 31, 2010

Soup and Sutures

I have never had stitches due to an injury. I know this comes as more than shocking for those of you who really know me. I am more than accident prone. I have things happen to me that don't happen to normal folks. Like the light fixture that fell square on my head, or the time that I got frostbite all over my hands from carrying in a bronze statue in the middle of winter, or the time the parking garage crossing arm came down on top of my head... You get the picture.

Well, tonight I got myself some stitches from a little mishap while I was cooking dinner from this little delight...
So tonight I was making a tasty little soup from this gem of a cookbook. I was chopping vegetables and decided the knife I was using, just wasn't cutting it (literally and figuratively) so I decided to bust out the new knives that we got for Christmas. As I was hand washing it before I used it, I had a little slip-slip-a-roo and took a nice slice through my finger. Ooopsy poopsy. There was a lot of blood, but I insisted I would be fine with a rag and pressure on the wound. Well all was fine until I got the feeling I was going to pass out. Still, I insisted that I would be fine, but my Ma stated otherwise and forced me to go to InstaCare. A few stitches later and I was on my way and as good as new.

Here is what it looked like after they cleaned an numbed it...

Here are the stitches. See, just a mere flesh wound...

(And in case you were wondering, luckily I didn't bleed in the soup. I came home and finished cooking it, and it was delightful!)

Note To Self...New knives are sharp. Proceed with caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment