Monday, April 9, 2012

New York Called Me...

The big city called, and I answered...

I saw the Lombardi Trophy... (aka what they give you when you win the SuperBowl. And may I just say, look out Tennessee, it's coming your way next!)



And as you've seen in the other posts, we saw our fair share of shows. These gems came from seeing "The Best Man" which stars every celebrity you can think of...Angela Lansbury (Mrs. Potts...I mean who really cares about Murder She Wrote?! Beauty and the Beast is a CLASSIC!), Candice Bergen (Murphy Brown...and who can forget her as Kathy Morningside in Miss Congeniality, that tricky little vixen trying to kill Miss Rhode Island!), James Earl Jones (Darth Vader), Eric McCormack (Will of Will&Grace), John Larroquette (Dan from Night Court), and Michael McKean (Lenny of Laverne&Shirley),

An awkward photo, yes..but it's all I've got. My sweet new friend from Texas took it for me when my crazy new iPhone friend failed me...


Dan from Night Court in real life...I couldn't believe it! He was absolutely fabulous in the play. Amazing!


Me and 'Lenny'...Yes I look like an idiot as I am jacking my jaws as usual. I ran into him on the street one night...He was asking why I didn't come see his play that night...I was smiling for the picture...He chuckled and said, "Answer me!" So I finally respond and told him I had seen his the night before and repeat what I'd said to him at the stage door that had made him laugh...It is in the middle of this exchange the picture was taken. But needless to say, he responded with, "Oh yeah, I remember you!" as he chuckled and went on his way...


We took in the Mets Home Opener against the Braves...

The Mets came away with the win (and actually took the whole series...miracles still happen!)

And there were plenty of good laughs and memory makers...like when my mom was drinking her Diet Coke like this after getting complimented by a man wanting donations for the homeless, and as she went on to try to keep looking sexy after telling him thank you, she almost got side swiped by a cab...it was special, real special, and real funny...



And before you knew it, this is what was in my rear view mirror...


I swear, being in New York is like being in a time warp...time speeds up and flies by faster than normal when you are there. When you are home and living real life, a week will feel like it takes two and a half to pass. But when in New York, a week goes by and you feel like you were only there for maybe two or three days!

So call me again Big Apple...I will pick up on the first ring, and be there on the first flight out!

No comments:

Post a Comment