Friday, April 6, 2012

The Other Desert Cities

We went to see Judith Light (The Boss) and Stockard Channing (Cynthia Swann Griffin) in action in their newest play on the Great White Way, "The Other Desert Cities."

We all know that I love anything Judith does. She was phenomenal in Lombardi, and I knew this would be no different. And Stockard holds a special place in my heart due to the way my brother and I love the movie The First Wives Club...

The play did not disappoint. It is held in a smaller theater and holds for a more intimate setting like you are sitting with the family as they celebrate Christmas. I won't bore you with all of the details of the story and plot, but will just share the message I walked away with...Family is family and it is all you've got at the end of the day. Each family has their struggles, their pasts and secrets. No family is perfect. And relationships are work. But we must be forgiving. We must be loving. When you can, give someone a 'pass', even if they may not fully deserve it. The most profound statement in the whole play came when the son unloads on his parents and says something to the effect of "Give your sister a pass. Give your daughter a pass. I don't care what you say, the day will come when you will want your family around you, because when you are about to take your last breaths, you will be scared..."

Food for thought, huh?!...


Here is me and my bestie Judith

Judith Light is seriously one of the kindest people I have ever met. She was so kind. So humble. And absolutely beautiful. She is an absolute gem!


We are just sharing secrets...LoL




Ma and Judith



This is for you Ted...or should I say Kim...

The real live Cynthia Swann Griffin is alive and well on Park Avenue ladies and gents! (Please ignore the fact that my head looks the size of a rhinoceros...Thank you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment