Thursday, April 14, 2011

Terri Clark

Last night we went to see Terri Clark (in my humble opinion, an under-acknowledged country music rock star). She was playing an unplugged acoustic show at a small little venue here in town. I have been a fan of hers for as long as I can remember. The girl is an unbelievably talented singer/songwriter/musician. She can rock a guitar with the best of them.

She is also quite charity minded. She has done A LOT to raise money for folks in need. Last night was no exception, as she auctioned off the accessories from her set with all of the proceeds going to Relief Fund for Japan. My Ma was quite excited about this and ended up purchasing the oriental rug and 'candleabra'. (The candle set up was what her heart was really set on. I think she got up 5 times during the show to go out and check to make sure she was still the high bidder.) Needless to say she ended up the winner, ain't no one gonna out-bid my Mama!

After the show we went to pick up the items she won, and Terri was gracious enough to be there to autograph them. Here we are with her:

(As I look at this picture, I feel like an NFL linebacker standing next to a supermodel...I really need to divorce my cupcakes make the ole' treadmill my new BFF...)

For those of you who aren't familiar with her music, get familiar! You'll love her. Here is one of her music videos:


 (I have always loved this song, but loved it even more after they made it the theme for the 2000 Canadian Special Olympics. Gotta love these precious faces in the video!)

Stay tuned as she's got a new cd set to come out this Summer, I can't wait. From what she played of it last night, it promises to be an absolute gem!

1 comment:

  1. What fun! I haven't been to a concert since...well, since the good 'ole Snow days. Wait, that's not true. I did go to a Taylor Swift show and it was actually really fun (I do embarrassingly appreciate her catchy 'kid-friendly' songs)other than being the only adult in attendance without a preteen daughter. You look great BTW...for ShAmU anyway.;)

    ReplyDelete