Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Adventures in Indiana

Pictures are worth a thousand words, so I will let them do most of the talking about the odds and ends of our adventures...

This made it all real to me, that I was going, really going to Indiana to have the trip of a lifetime...


Getting ready to fly!...What can I say, we put the 'fun' in dysfunctional!

We stopped by the Indianapolis Museum of Art...It was a pretty neat place. It was huge! It was cool to be able to see original VanGoughs and Monets...I'd seen them in books before but never seen one in real life.

This is the original sculpture of this piece of artwork. Kinda cool. (And as a side note, who knew that a fat white girl could jump like that?!...)























































































I like this painting...I think it should be entitled "Twilight Zone Eyeball"



My Ma and Bro at the Art Museum (Like I said, we're dysFUNctional)

There were White Castle restaurants all over back there. My brother decided that we could not leave until we had dined here. All I can say it that it was one big (not the burgers, they were small and referred to as 'sliders'), grease filled, heartburn causing disappointment...


What do you think this is?...Its a hamburger. No, I'm not kidding, though I wish I was.
White Castle! Home of the award winning pimento-loaf-esque hamburger...


After we visited the Indianapolis Speedway (no, there are no pictures as it was not that noteworthy and the only pics I have of it are of my brother mooning it and I thought I would spare you from having to see that) we were driving back to town and I happened to spot this little gem in a ghetto-esque area. But it said bakery and there was a line, so I figured we'd stumbled upon a hot spot and I made my brother pull the car over so I could run in. All I can say is it was so worth it!

Home of some delightful baked goods...I think the favorite was the 'alligator.' A tasty treat that was the size of your arm (no joke). My brother best described the taste of it when he said it was "like a maple bar and a cinnamon roll made sweet, sweet love."  (This is also a shout-out to you Danielle as it is your name on the building)

I liked this. It was on a random fence outside of a Walgreens Pharmacy...
Good trip...Good times...

1 comment:

  1. I am very impressed by your jumping ability! And White Castle is nasty. Nasty. Nothing else I can really say about that. Nasty.

    ReplyDelete