Sunday, December 25, 2011

CHRISTmas...

I absolutely love Christmas. And I am so thankful for it. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the commercial aspect of it. I loathe the shopping and the craziness that it brings out in people. What I love is the spirit that comes along with the true meaning of it all. There is something magical that happens to a lot of people between Thanksgiving and December...they begin to look outside of themselves in a way that don't tend to throughout the rest of the year. The needs of others are noticed, and taken care of. It is tender and special. It's the way that God intended it to be all the time. We are meant to care for and take care of one another. And there was no better example of that than Jesus.

I am so thankful for the gift of Jesus...

I am thankful that two thousand years ago God sent His Son into this world for us...

He lived for us, He died for us, and He continues to care for us...

I can't imagine what that night in Bethlehem was like. The star. The stable. Mary. Joseph. Seeing Him in the manger. The Wisemen. It's all incomprehensible...

And I can't imagine what it will be like when He comes again. The greatness. The glory. The Majesty. The joy. The peace. It too is incomprehensible...

But I look forward to that day as they did the day of His birth. He came, and He will surely come again...

No comments:

Post a Comment