Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Oopsy...

So tonight I realized that I have a very serious road rage issue. Well, I already knew I did. Not a serious one like I pack heat and wave my gun at you if you cut me off. But rather I do scream and yell mostly to myself if foolish things are being done by the vehicles around me, or if they are not going fast enough, or if they aren't doing things quite like I would like them to be done... Look people, I said I knew I had a problem, so back off! 

So long story short tonight I ran to grab dinner for the fam. I got some extra food, and realized why when I saw a homeless kid crossing the street. I called out to him and asked if he wanted dinner, he said yes, and came to my car window to get it. As I was digging through the bag to grab him a sandwich (which took a total of 6.9 seconds) I hear someone lay on their horn. I immediately go into full blown road rage. Yes, I am in the middle of helping a hungry young man who has no home, and I snap and have the urge to flip off the honking truck in front of me and tell him that he is an a-hole and to calm down...As I look up on the verge of doing the above, I see that the honking gentleman is giving me the 'thumbs up' as he sees me helping this kid.

Whoops...

Not exactly what the hands of Jesus should look like, huh?!

Everyday I do pray that I will be what He needs me to be, for who He needs me to be. I pray to be an answer to peoples prayers. An instrument in His hands...

And there I go, ready to flip out on a honking truck, who was only offering a kind gesture. The only thing that stopped me from the instant bird and profanity...the face of a homeless kid at my window...

Heavenly Father really has to use powerful visual aids to help me 'get it' at times. As I lay here tonight, I really wonder how I can exist in my own body at times. I have good intentions, and I do try, but then there is the part of me that is naughty and so unbridled at times. And so I just look Heavenward and say, "God, I am a mess, but I am your mess! Use me as you need me. And p.s. Sorry about today. Oopsy"

No comments:

Post a Comment