Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cupcake Delights and TSA Idiots

I feel I am a pretty good baked good connoisseur. I feel you may agree just by taking a look at the size of me. {Yeah, see what I mean.} And then you may be saying, 'Hey, what are you doing writing about cupcakes?! I thought you were supposed to be getting fit with your Chunky Brewster group, fatty!' And I say to you, 'Whoa there fella, don't be so quick to judge!' Hear me out...

The other day I read what I felt to be an outrage of a story. I woman traveling from Las Vegas had her cupcake confiscated by TSA because they said the frosting constituted a 'gel like substance' and exceeded the allowable limit...

What?! Outrage I say! Outrage! That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have EVER heard! I bet those idiots at security were hungry and saw this tasty little treat come through and decided to confiscate it and I bet they ate it themselves.

Had I been this woman, I would have flipped a bloody lid. No one, I repeat no one is going to take my baked goods away from me! Especially with some lame ace excuse like they gave. No way, no how would I have just turned them over without a fight. I think of every time I go to New York...I come back with cupcakes from a delightful little place called Crumbs Bakery that is just  a hop, skip, and a sprinkle away from David Letterman's theater. Has anyone tried to take those from me at LaGuardia? Nopers. And it better stay that way!

So as I speak of baked goods and cupcakes, I thought I would share a local little gem with you... It is a place called "Ye Old Cupcake Shoppe" in 'The Junction' in Ogden. It is one of the best around. And the lady who owns and runs it, Shelly, is an absolute delight! I highly recommend you go in and try it out. She is a gem. Tell her that Shannon of the Chunky Brewsters from Salt Lake sent you...

Shelly and I in front of the case of 'magic'...

1 comment: