Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Jane Fonda in the Water

Last night I attended my first water aerobics class with some of my fellow ChunkyBrewsters. Sweet mother of aquatics...it was an experience. Who knew one could sweat while submerged in water?!

When class began, the instructor asked if there was anyone there for the first time. I announced that I was a water aerobic virgin. She said "Oh good. You in the great swim cap. Welcome." And that was it, we were off and jogging and skiing in place... (And yes, I did have on a pretty great swim cap (see pic below)...thanks Danielle!)

See, it really is a kick-a swim cap...it helped me feel like I was channeling my inner Mary Katherine Gallagher.
All in all we rocked the class. No one drowned. We didn't get kicked out. And wait for it...we even got invited back! Yeah, that's right, we were such a bucket of fun they invited us back next week. Will we take them up on the invite? That is still TBD as the chlorine in the water was so strong it ate off a fair amount of flesh...but hey that is still considered weight loss isn't it?...so on second thought, maybe we will!

No comments:

Post a Comment