Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blanche's Birthday

Happy belated Birthday Rue McClanahan (or should I say Blanche Deveraux)!!!

For any die-hard Golden Girls fan, this is a must to remember this day. The actual date was February 21st. But it wasn't until today, that my co-workers and I celebrated the big occasion. The party was complete with old lady attire, cake and ice cream. I think Rue would've enjoyed the shin-dig had she been able to fly in for it. Maybe next year...

Every day is someone's birthday. Make sure that on that day, you tell the birthday boy or girl how glad you are that they were born and how they've made your life more complete and brighter by being in it...

And so I say to you Ms. McClanahan...Thank you for being a friend, traveled down the road and back again. Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant...oh wait, that is the theme song...
You've given me hours upon hours of enjoyment as I've watched your show. Not to mention the priceless memories I have of watching you and 'the girls' with my G~Ma as a little girl. (Yes, it is perfectly normal for a six-year-old's favorite show to be about 4 old women living together...) Here is to wishing you 70 some odd more years of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment