Friday, February 26, 2010

Del Taco+69=Funny

6969696969696969696969

Del Taco+69=Funny

For a little background, you must understand that there is much humor that surrounds the number sixty-nine, among me and my family and friends. I don't even know when or where or how it began, but it did. And now, somehow, whenever anyone sees that number they think of me. I must declare that there is truly no inuendo behind it. No perverse meaning. Nothing like that. It has just become a longstanding joke. It is even there with my grandparents. Whenever they get a receipt or a coin or anything at all that has the number 69 on it, they save it to give to me. Cracks me up.

So tonight my ma and I went through the Del Taco drive-thru for dinner. I pull up to the window to pay and get my food, as I take my order what do my eyes behold?...the order number on my receipt is #69! I immediately dial up my G~Ma and share with her my glad tidings. With true joy in her voice she says "Oh dear, that is wonderful! I'm so happy for you! Good for you!" This made me laugh and made my heart smile. Here was my 80 year old G~Ma sincerely happy for me and my 'good fortune.' Oh how I love that woman!

So pick a number. Make it your lucky number. Let the world know. It will make for some good times!...

6969696969696969696969

No comments:

Post a Comment