Saturday, February 27, 2010

'Edit'

So last night my brother and I were up talking. I was relaying a story in which I was repeating what someone said, and it just happened to be profanity. (Now don't think that I am saying that I would only 'repeat' profanity. We all know I use it plenty on my own. But for the point I am trying to make Im declaring that the word wasnt even a bad one. Its one you hear on a daily basis. Oh no, here I go justifying cursing which would totally defeat the point of this whole story and new plan...) Anyway, he laughed and asked me to please 'edit' the story. He is getting ready to leave on a LDS mission, and is trying to purify himself the best he can before he goes.
And so I carried on with the story and in place of each 'bad word' I said 'edit'. It struck me funny. I ran the idea past some friends at lunch today and they enjoyed it and found it to be as funny as I did. I think that it just could be a trend that catches on! At first some of them had a hard time catching the concept...Like 'Oh S-edit'! Or 'Go to H-edit! I had to explain that there was no need to declare the first letter of the word. Folks are gonna know what you mean.

So next time you hear the word 'edit' just know that they've probably heard the new "Help Ted Be Good Before His Mission Edit Plan" and they're restraining from using profanity...

No comments:

Post a Comment