Saturday, May 8, 2010

Race For The Cure

This is an event that I look forward to every year. Though I cannot stand the fact that so many people are affected by cancer, it is so nice to see so many people united in trying to find a cure. This event is one of hope. Hope that one day there will be an end to this disease. It is an event of support. Strangers become friends as hugs and encouraging words are exchanged by those who know first hand what the other is going through, having been through it themselves. It is an event of unity. Everyone who is there is there for the same purpose, to do our part in raising money to find a cure.



This day I celebrate my mom, a survivor. I am so thankful that I am able to walk with her. And for those whom I love who lost their battle, I lovingly walk for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment