Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Zoo


So I went to the zoo yesterday with my kids from work. What a hoot! What an exhausting hoot! It was so fun to watch them...watch as they were fascinated by the monkeys...or as the elephant began to make noise. Simple wonders! And it made me realize yet again what a sense of humor God has...to see the oddity of some of these animals! Like the rhinos or the baboons. It reminded me of a little poem...

Too bad we make Heavenly Father so stiff, so old, so stayed.

How can we be so silly when we look at the things he’s made?
Have you missed the twinkle that must have been in his eye,


When he created the hippo or the rhinoceri?

Have you watched the ostrich swallow, then doubt God loves to play,


Or question his sense of humor when you hear a donkey bray?

Could the God who made the monkey have forgotten how to laugh,

the same who striped the zebra or stretched out the giraffe?
How could an austere person fashion a pelican,

or stiff and sober creator,
ever imagine man?

I think it is a funny little poem that does remind us that our Father in Heaven really does have a sense of humor...

Speaking of humor...Here is a little pic of me at the zoo. You might ask yourself what I am doing?!...Well, I will tell you...I am 'two finger ready.' What is 'two finger ready' might be your second question, I will promptly answer you and say that 'two finger ready' is the proper approach to petting any animal at the zoo (any authorized animal I should say). How might I know this? Because I attended "Boo At The Zoo." This was a little gathering in which the ParaNormal Society was there and we thought we were going to get a haunted tour of the zoo. Needless to say it was a bit of a bust. No ghosts. No Shasta the Liger sightings.But what we did get was plenty of laughs. Many of those laughs came as we got our hands on experience at the end. For example, as we were two finger petting the big turtle, it took a leak on Moe's purse...Good times.

So when you go to the zoo there are three important things to remember...

1. Don't drink out of the big lion drinking fountain...there are LOTS of germs in it, on it, all around it. BLAH!

2. Be two finger ready at ALL times.

3. When a big turtle pees, they pee A LOT, so make sure you grab your belongings and run for cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment