Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday Funfest

Black Friday is always a spectator's delight. Getting up at unsightly hours to go stand outside of a store for hours as you freeze your bits and pieces off waiting for the doors to open so you can stampede like a bunch of Pamplona running bulls all in the hopes of getting 1 of the total of 4 flat screen television sets they have at a $369 savings...

Craziness. Absolute craziness.

Have I been among the deal seeking crowds before? Yes please I have. Would I do it again? Maybe. But I as mentioned before, it is the spectating that I enjoy most. It was sheer entertainment one year as we waited in line at JoAnn's Fabric Store...women began ramming each other with carts! Yes, full grown women battery ramming each other with shopping carts as they fought over fleece and flannel!

But this year a story hit the news that totally tops the fabric store escapade...

A woman at a California WalMart decided to pepper spray other shoppers that were going after the item she wanted. The claimed item...an Xbox. Yep, this crazy pants decided to go all Reno 911 on her fellow shoppers and mace them to keep them at bay. There were a handful that were treated for the pepper spray and some others with cuts or bruises from the chaos that ensued.

(I will admit that had I ventured out today, I was prepared to go with spray bottles containing some essential oils that are for calming, so that I could spritz a fellow shopper if needed...but never would I pepper spray someone...)

I didn't end up venturing out this year. All of the deals I wanted were available online. Paying the shipping was well worth being able to sleep in and the only crazy people I had to deal with were the ones that dwell inside my home.

Such insanity. Is a good deal really worth it? Maybe?... (And if I do decide to head out next year one thing is for certain, I'm going to make sure that I'm wearing shop goggles and a Hazmat suit. You know, just in case...)

Hey kids, forget putting on your Sunday best to go to Sears...Put on your Hazmat suits, we're going to WalMart!

No comments:

Post a Comment