Thursday, November 24, 2011

So Much To Be Thankful For...

I am blessed. Truly blessed. Every day God grants me blessings and tender mercies that I am most times undeserving of. His goodness and love and provision for me, humbles me beyond words.

I can't begin to list all of the things I am thankful for. Many of them you will probably find scattered among the pages of this blog...family, friends, my faith, the good times as well as the tough. For I am a culmination of all of these things. Each has made me better, wiser, and stronger...

And sometimes the things we are thankful for, took some time... The difficulties that we faced and endured were certainly not looked at as bright, shiny, blessings at the time. But as we made it a bit further down the road, we were and are able to look back and see the hand of God, and the good that came from it. It is times such as these, that I am thankful that our Father in Heaven loves us enough to give us what we need rather than what we want.

Blessings. They are all around us. They take on the many forms...the sun rising each morning, offering the hope of a new day...the embrace of a loved one...the encouraging words of a friend...the laughter of a child...the beauty of a sunset...

Each is a blessing. 

Don't let them go unnoticed. 

Enjoy them. 

Embrace them. 

Offer thanks for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment