Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Shannon Lingo

So some of my gentlemen friends and I came up with what I believe to be an ingenious plan entitled, Operation Shannon Lingo. What is this you may ask? Well allow me to explain...

Have you seen the movie Johnny Lingo? It is a little gem that was originally made in like the 60's and remade more recently in 2003, I believe. It is the story of a guy named Johnny and a gal named Mahana...blah blah blah...she has a dowry...most blokes in the town aren't interested...Johnny thinks she is the greatest ever...blah blah blah...He pays an 8 cow dowry for her...they live happily ever after...RaRaRa Amen. Okay, so yes, this is the condensed version but you get the picture.

Here is a picture of the happy couple...

How does this movie/story apply? Does it even apply? Yes it does. Well kind of.

Anyway, here is the plan...The search is on to get me hitched. It is up to you to go out and find a suitable match for me, and if you are successful, you will receive a dowry of sorts. My Ma says anything to get me out of the door, and the prize is yours! You will be the proud new owner of 8 new cows! You can fill in that blank with a reasonable request. The common theme has become household appliances. One guy is searching for a mate for me because he is in need of a new refrigerator. Another lady has her eye out for a suitable match to hook me up with because her stove is on the fritz. So there you have it...Find me the man of my dreams, and your household appliance of your dreams shall be yours! It's a win-win situation. (all dowry requests must be pre-approved, as will husbandry requests...)

As for what I am looking for in the future Mr., the majority of you know me well enough, that I trust your best judgement. One thing that is a non-negotiable is a 'Golden Ticket'...he must have a Temple recommend, as if this thing is gonna work out, that is where it is gonna have to end. Another non-negotiable is that he cannot be a New England Patriots or a San Diego Chargers fan... (Sorry, there are just some things that I am not willing to settle on, and these two non-negotiables are some of them!)

So who is in? On your mark, get set, GO!...

No comments:

Post a Comment