Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Life Changing


There are some moments in time that as they are occurring, you know you are being changed forever. This has happened many times for me. But recently and as it applies to this post, it took places as I was talking to two survivors of the Holocaust.

The first was Ina Polak. The post I originally wrote about my conversation with her can be read here. The minute I heard her voice on the phone, I knew history was being written in my heart, and I would not be the same after talking with her.

The second was Eva Kor. The post about meeting her can be found here. That was a moment in time that seemed surreal. I couldn't believe I was standing before this woman whom I had read so much about. And then for two hours I had the chance to talk with and listen to her share her story and incredible insight. Changed forever? Total understatement.


She comes to mind almost every day. Seriously. I think about her perspective. Her level of forgiveness and her appreciation of life. I am in humble awe of it and her. And I truly do strive to be more like her, in so many ways.

And so today when I got the email from Eva, in honor of D-Day, I felt that I should state my appreciation of a woman who changed what will be written in the 'history books' of my life. Because I met her, because of her influence, I am changed for the good. Thank you Eva for continuing to share your story and your indomitable spirit with the world. You are an inspiration to all you come in contact with...

No comments:

Post a Comment