Thursday, June 7, 2012

Live Like That...


I headed to the Temple with some friends yesterday and it got me thinking...I am so thankful for the people who help me stand, and the ones who stand with me...


I do a lot of crazy things on a regular basis. I throw wakes, and have birthday parties for celebrities, and hell, I even rent U-Hauls and make my friends join me in the Harmons parking lot as we fill it up with food for the food bank. I've never professed to be normal. And no one who knows me would dare make that claim of me either. But I have to say that my friends are the best ever. We have started making plans for my 30th birthday party already (yes, I know it's a bit early, but we can't have anyone getting an early non-10 or 12 inch haircut!), which includes lopping off our hair and donating blood and other fun things (don't worry, there will be more details to follow and a sign up sheet for y'all!). But the thing that struck me is that they are all on board for the craziness. Ready to jump in and help out. And many of them have causes of their own that they bring to the table for us to help out with and bring awareness to.

Good people. I am surrounded by a lot of good people...

And I feel so blessed that God has sent so many incredible people into my life. People that inspire me to be better. To go out and make a difference. To be more like Him...

I listen to KLOVE quite often and I heard this song and it really struck me. It is by the Sidewalk Prophets and is called "Live Like That." I heard one of the band members being interviewed one day on a 'behind the music' thing one day and he explained the inspiration for him were a few people in his life that made him want to live more like Jesus. Their lives exemplified good qualities that lead him to want to be better.

I have some people in my life like that. I look at them in awe of their goodness, of their Christlike attributes, of the good qualities they have refined almost to perfection. These people vary in age and gender, social status and mental capacity. Some might surprise you that I look at them with such reverence and awe. But sit back for a minute with me, and I will show you...and you will see...and will soon join with me and say, "I want to live like that!"...



Who causes you to say, "I want to live like that!"?...

No comments:

Post a Comment