Friday, May 6, 2011

Cell Phones, Fed Ex, and God

My phone broke. All of the sudden it was like it was having a grand mal seizure. Numbers and letters and symbols would started typing across the screen like it was possessed.

After a trip to my local Verizon store a nice lass got me all set up to get a new one. She said it would be Fed-Ex-ed to me within two days. It was. But I wasn't home when they came by so I had to go to one of their main warehouses and pick it up myself. No big deal, right?! (Before you answer this, remember it is me we are talking about, and for me things end up always being an adventure and a bit more complicated than it is for the majority of mankind...)

The address seemed simple enough, yet I was having quite a confusion filled time finding it. I had approximately 14-ish minutes to find their establishment before it closed. When all of the sudden a Fed Ex truck appeared out of seemingly no where.

So I followed it...

Within minutes this is what I saw:



It made me think...how many times has God sent someone into your life at the moment you needed them most? Now I'm not saying God sent that Fed Ex truck, (I doubt my cell phone and me being directionally challenged was at the top of His list of 'important things to focus on') but then again maybe He did. And I highly doubt the driver was aware that he helped the idiot in the Blazer behind him.

So it is with people in our lives. Our paths cross and whether it is for a brief moment or for a lifetime, those who walk with us at times lead us, and help us get where we are going.


I am thankful for those people who are the Fed Ex trucks in my life. Those who were placed in my life and teach me or lead me to an important lesson or understanding. I am better for knowing you and hope to someday be able to express just what a huge difference you've made in my life...

So let' s go out and live with kindness and love, and just maybe we might be someone's Fed Ex truck...

No comments:

Post a Comment