Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day

Today I am thankful to all those who have sacrificed for my freedom. To those who are in the military. To those who have fought in wars and served this country; and in so doing have sacrificed their time and spent time away from their loved ones. To those who have given the ultimate sacrifice of their life.

I am also thankful to those who have sacrificed for my spiritual and religious freedom. For a man named Joseph Smith who sacrificed his life so that I could have and practice my religion. For Jesus Christ who paid the ultimate sacrifice and freed me from the bands of sin and death.

Spencer W Kimball said: "When you look in the dictionary for the most important word, do you know what it is? It could be 'remember.'"

Remember... I will try to remember today and always, the sacrifices that have been made in my behalf, and live in a way that reflects that gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment