Sunday, April 11, 2010

Farewell Dixie...


So here it is, another sad day in TV Land...a part of the land I love...

Dixie Carter passed away. This saddened me greatly. The Golden Girls will always be number one in my heart, but right next to them are Mary Tyler Moore and Designing Women. And now, there is one less designing woman in the world.

I realize that I am sad and pathetic in certain, and according to some, many, aspects. This just might be one of them. I mean, as I was sitting in Church today I got a text message from my brother offering his condolences to me with the passing of Ms. Dixie. I know, sad and pathetic I am.






So I say to you Dixie Carter/Julia Sugarbaker...
thank you for the wonderful memories.





I have come to the conclusion that I better get some new favorite television shows, and quick...first the Golden Girls start dying, now the Designing Women. Stop the insanity! I don't know how much more I can take! But the one thing that comforts me, is they will live on forever in my extensive dvd collection...

No comments:

Post a Comment