Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Someones In the Kichen With Shannon...


So I'm not quite sure what has come over me lately...domestication at it's finest, I guess you could say. It all began when Trisha Yearwood's cookbook came out last week. I received the first installment for Christmas two years ago. To say that I LOVED it would be a total understatement. It became my kitchen-bible. Unless it came outta that bad boy, I didn't make it. You know how some cookbooks only have a handful of good recipes out of the entire thing? Well in "Georgia Cooking In An Oklahoma Kitchen (the first one) the majority were fabulous. And now Ive begun cooking and baking from "Home Cooking With Trisha Yearwood" (part 2). Delightful...

The other night I made a spice cake with lemon sauce. Wow. Now I am not a spice cake fan at all, but this was good. And it made me feel so freakin domestic, I didn't know what to do with myself. There I was making a cake from scratch (for the longest time, I didn't know that was even possible. I thought all cakes came from a box that had Betty Crocker's autograph on it). Then, I went on to hand squeeze lemon juice for the sauce and before you knew it I was zesting the lemon! I know, impressive.

So look out Julie and Julia, here come Shannon and Trisha!...Yeah, that's right. You just wait. Next year I will be going home with the Oscar for Best Leading Role in a kitchen. And who knows, I might also be nominated for a CMA award for Best Duet
(you should hear the amazing sounds that come as I sing along to my iPod while creating these culinary masterpieces).

If you ever need a great recipe for black bean lasagna, or a stellar chocolate chip cookie, or possible an awesome almond bread...call me, I've got it. Or, you could just drive yourself to the nearest Barnes and Noble and get yourself a copy. I promise, you wont regret it. (One little side note--if you do the Barnes and Noble thing, check online first. It's usually cheaper there. I got mine shipped to my door for less than it would've been to drive there and pick it up myself. Just an FYI...)

No comments:

Post a Comment