Friday, March 26, 2010

Cheers


So tonight I went to the hockey game to help out with some of the fund-raising that was being done to benefit the Special Olympic team going to the national games this Summer.

So what assignment was I given, you might be asking yourself?...Beer-Cart-Operator-Assistant. Yep, I was assigned to the beer-cart. And so you might be wondering what it was like...well, it wasn't anything like the t.v. show Cheers. No one there knew my name. And by the looks of it, and the beer consumption of some of these folks, I don't know if they even knew their own name any more! I ended up as the money collector. Not being a mathematician, this made me a bit nervous.

But alas, all went well. People were quite generous in their tipping and donating to our cause. I know that people are good, and people are generous, but after tonight it was clear that the kindness and generosity increase greatly when they've had a few...

No comments:

Post a Comment