Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ted+MTC= A Lot Of Tears


So today was the day...Only 730 more days to go!

It really happened. Ted left. Pictures were taken. Goodbyes were said. My heart broke. There were lots of tears. And those tears led into the ugly cry. Which led into both of my brothers laughing at me as the ugly noises and water works kept coming though I tried hard to keep them contained. The harder I tried for containment and composure, the uglier the sounds became...let's just say that it wasn't a pretty sight.

The MTC really is a drive-thru operation these days. You drive in, they take your beloved family member and their luggage, and off they go. Well as they were taking Ted, I thought I would get one more picture. As I rolled down the window and went to capture the last image of him for two years, my camera flew out of my hands, through the window, and bounced across the pavement. It was special. But I got the pic!

So I say:

Ted, You are doing an amazing thing. Good luck. You will be incredible. We love you. See you in two short years. Make the most of each day, as each will be a gift. It might not always be easy or pleasant, but it will be the best two years of your life.

Sweden, Take good care of him. Jag menar det!

To all of his friends, Contact me. We can get together and form the "I Miss Ted Support Group", full of gellato and sushi...

Here is to the best adventure of my brother's life...

(I seem to have lost the cable that connects my camera to my computer...
as soon as it is found, I will add some of the pics from today...)



2 comments:

  1. are you creeped that i am commenting right now? sorry. anyways count me in on the support group. i could use a little gelato...especially now that colton (the gelato king) is gone. sad sad sad. but i'm super proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear shannon
    i'm so in!
    i'm glad at least the blog world will keep us connected. i miss your family already. (and a lot)

    ReplyDelete