Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Grocery Store Fun

So I went to Albertsons tonight...wait, correction, Fresh Market. I made a quick 10pm run there to get some more Sobe before it went off sale. (I will just say that the 'Lean:Fuji Apple Cranberry' is delightful...)

So I run in to the store only to find that they are no longer the 69-cent-bargain they once were. Whatever. I bought some anyway.

I walk back out to Ethel (that is the name of the Buick Ted drove) and tried to get in. Nope. Not gonna happen. The battery on the automatic-let-you-in-the-car-thing, has died. Mind you, my friend Karma is a real hoot...because just hours earlier my Ma had said, "What are we going to do if the battery ever goes out on this thing?" Fast forward to later that night and she found out 'what we were gonna do.'

So there I stand at Ethel as the folks around think I am trying to break in to it. I call my Ma and tell her what has happened.

Her response..."Are you sure?"

Me...No Ma, I'm not sure that I can't get in the freakin car. I just used my psychic abilities to guess that it is not going to open when I press the button. Yes Im sure! I've been standing here for 5 minutes pressing the bloody button only to still be locked out!'

Her..."Are you serious, or are you just messing with me?"

Me...."No Ma, I'm not serious. I find it fun to stand outside of a locked car, in the snow, with groceries on my arm, as the onlookers are getting ready to call the cops on the grand-theft-auto in progress. Yes I'm serious!"

Her..."Well let me find the keys and I'll be there in a minute"

Well that minute was about 15 or so. And as the car drove up, there was my Ma laughing her head off with this precious little guest in the passenger seat...MeatBall. (This isn't the best picture of him with demon looking eyes, but hopefully you get the fact that he is super cute)



And so my advice to you is: Don't go to the store in the snow at 10 oclock at night unless you are sure that what you want is still on sale, and you have a fresh battery in your car-unlocking-device.

No comments:

Post a Comment