Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Power of Prayer

"Think of the power of...prayer. It's as if you lift someone with loving hands and hold him of her up on remembrance before God. That person is in your memory, in your heart, in your thoughts. And now you have brought his or her name before God in joyous, sympathetic remembrance. What a wonderful gift of plenitude." ~Chieko Okazaki

Today I was blessed by this act of prayer. I felt the power of a friends prayers in behalf of my family and I. I was overwhelmed with gratitude. There was so much peace as we were getting ready to take Ted to Provo. Peace wasn't initially what I thought I was going to feel so much of. I was thinking more along the lines of the sadness that comes along with shipping off one of your best friends. But there was peace. And I knew it's source. The Spirit. But I also undeniably knew of who had petitioned that source. Lori.

This woman is amazing. Her prayers are powerful. When she prays, it is more than talking. It is communicating. And not just communicating with her God, but her Father.

I want this kind of personal righteousness. I want this kind of relationship with my Father. And with my whole soul, I desire to bless those around me as she does. She is an example of what a real disciple looks like. She is my friend, and I am so very blessed by this fact.

So today, prayers were felt. They were real. He does hear us, and He will answer us...and so often it is through another person's kindness and loving acts, that those prayers are answered and His love is felt.



No comments:

Post a Comment