Saturday, June 19, 2010

Clay Walker


Last night I saw Clay Walker in concert. Two words...Yum Yum!

He is so very nice to look at, and he can sing too!

If you aren't familiar with him, and haven't ever heard his music, get familiar!

Yes, he does have a very country sound, but he sings about a little bit of everything...

There is a wonderful song he sings called "Chain Of Love" that shares the story of a man stopping to help an old lady with a flat tire and when she tries to pay him, he tells her he doesn't want any money and just asks her to not let the chain of love end with her. Well, she drives on and stops at a small cafe. Her waitress is about nine months pregnant and the old lady can see how tired she is, and she remembers being in this young lady's shoes. She ordered coffee and when the waitress went to get the old lady change for her $100 bill, she comes back to the table to find the old lady is gone and finds a note from her that says "You don't owe me a thing, I've been there too. Someone once helped me out, just the way I'm helpin' you. If you really want to pay me back, here's what you do...don't let the chain of love end with you." Well, it turns out that the waitress is the wife of the man who fixed the old lady's flat tire. Just goes to show how the 'chain of love' goes full circle.

For a good laugh, theres the song "Fore She Was Mama" about being ten year old boys playing hide and seek and stumbling across 'a box of old forget-me-nots' and finding pictures of their mom when she was young..."Her hair, her clothes, he drinkin' smokin', Had us boys confused. I'll never forget the day us nosey kids got introduced to Mama, 'fore she was Mama. In a string bikini, in Tijuana. Won't admit she smoked marijuana. But I saw Mama, 'fore she was Mama."

And for a melt your heart kind of love song, all I have to say is check out his song "Fall"...

I promise, you won't be sorry if you buy a cd of his.
In fact, I'm pretty sure you will thank me!...

No comments:

Post a Comment