Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

As I have thought about Father's Day this year, the following quote I found the other day keeps coming to mind. It was published years ago in the Guidepost by a man named Jerry Richardson...

When a little girl was frightened in the night, her father consoled her and explained that God is always with us. "I know God is always here," she replied, squeezing his hand. "But sometimes I need his touch with some skin on it."

I can't tell you how many times in my life I could relate to this story, being that both my earthly father and my Heavenly Father, are in Heaven. I lost my dad when I was just eight years old. I can't count the times that I have longed to feel him near me. To talk to him. To hug him and to feel his touch 'with some skin on it.' By God's loving kindness, those longings have been met with people who have been instruments in the hands of God that have been 'that skin' that allows me to feel the love and influence of my dad. For this, and to them, I am eternally grateful.

And so I say to my dad...

Dad, I love and miss you more than than words can say. I hope I'm making you proud with the woman I am becoming. I'm working hard to do all I can to make it back and see you again and make our eternal family, a reality. Keep sending those bright shining stars and pink roses...
All My Love~Your ShayBay

No comments:

Post a Comment