Monday, June 21, 2010

Condiment Criminal...

I read something the other day that struck me funny. Just like my story of the IdahoSmallFalls, this one also comes from the great state of Idaho...
There was a lady who was arrested after she was caught dumping a tub of mayonnaise in the book-drop at the local library. She was taken into custody and is believed to be behind 10 other 'condiment-related crimes.' 10...yes, you read that correctly. And all 10 crimes were committed with some sort of product that you'd find at a 4th of July barbecue, next to the hot dogs and hamburgers. Though once, she did use...(oh wait, innocent until proven guilty) whoever committed the crime, used corn syrup.


And so, I am not quite sure what would possess someone to do this...

Maybe she had a late fee for an over-due book, that she didn't agree with. Now I hate fines and fees as much as the next person, but I don't ever see the 5cent-a-day charge enough to send me over the edge to go dump an economy sized tub of relish that I bought at Costco, into the book-drop. Though she is older, and if she had checked out a book back in grade school, enough time would've passed to have racked up a pretty decent fine.

Then I thought to myself, "Self, maybe she put her name on the waiting list for the first Twilight book when it first came out, and it wasn't until just now that her name came to the top of that list, and was mad because her kids or grankids already ruined it all by telling her about Edward and Bella and the fact that they are vampires." I'm not sure. That was just a guess.

So next time you go to the aforementioned Costco, remember this little story if you have a hard time stocking up on the fixins' for a big bbq...Just like the limit they put on cold medication cause kids were making drugs out of it...now this might spark them to create a limit as to one 45 gallon drum of ketchup or mustard or mayo, per visit, as the local library is afraid you might come make a deposit...

No comments:

Post a Comment