Thursday, July 15, 2010

All The Rage...

Yesterday was spent in the pools of Raging Waters. It was a blast.

I must say that I laughed though, when I looked at the wristbands they give you when you rent a tube:










Yeah, that's right, it says 'Single."

I'm branded wherever I go.
Even the girl at the CupCake Shop
asked why I was wearing such
a bracelet and asked if I bought
it at the store...
I told her to shut her pretty little mouth
and started singin' a little Beyonce...

Now during this day long adventure, I tackled the feat that I said I never would...I went on the "Waimea". Now for those of you who don't know what that is, here is what the explanation on their website says:
Calling all thrill seekers...Get ready to break the speed limit! Dare to take a vertical plunge from the top of a 70–foot high tower then travel more than 30 mph down a 244 foot–long head–first slide to the bottom. Can you make it over the "hump?"

Now when they say 'hump' what they really mean is mini mountain peak. Seriously. Now let me just get it out there that no, it was not the 70 foot tower part that made me steer clear of this bad boy. It is the fact that if you are not fortunate enough to make it up and over the 'hump' you slide back down into the little dip/gully area that precedes the 'hump.' Then you must shamefully throw yourself out the side of the gully and barrel out and take a climb down a ladder to the bottom. Now I, being a large and in charge gal, did not want to chance the fact I would not be able to launch my lardness up and over the hump. But yesterday all that changed...at the urging (and also the bribery as he said that it was the way I could repay him for a photo he took earlier in the day) of my brother, as well as the encouragement of some little tykes that were probably only 7 (who had ridden this 'a million times and never gotten stuck, so the told me), I decided why not.

And so there I went...down the tube going at least 69mph (I think it is fair to say that the excess poundage I am carrying supplied the 39 faster than normal mph). Up and over the hump. No problemo.

Here is a lovely photo from the day...

So next time you are at the Rage, try the hump, I mean the Waimea. If I can do it, anyone can...

No comments:

Post a Comment