Monday, July 19, 2010

I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world...(Thomas Edison)


I am thankful. So thankful. For the influence of such good people in my life...

I came across this quote not too long ago, and it spoke the words of my heart and life better than I could have ever said it. And it has come to mind more times than I can count...

"My choice of friends has helped keep me straight.
I have had friends who expected me to be good,
and I have tried not to disappoint them."

~Camilla Eyring Kimball


But there is one important thing I would like to add to this...and that is those friends of which I speak of, not only expect me to be good, but they show me how. They set incredible examples. And this, this makes all the difference.

This is a gift I have been given that the gratitude which I feel for it, is beyond words. Those friends, those people, have come into my life when I needed them most. And thankfully many of them have stuck around and continue to offer support and encouragement. They continue to live exemplary and inspiring lives that help me keep going when at times I begin to stumble or falter or become weary.

To these friends, I say thank you. For leading and guiding and being willing to walk with me as I learn from your example. Thank you for the countless ways you bless my life. Thank you for teaching and loving me. Most of all, thank you for being you...

~~~
"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out.
It is then burst into flame by an encounter
with another human being.
We should all be thankful for those people
who rekindle the inner spirit."
~Albert Schweitzer
~
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment