Sunday, July 18, 2010

It doesn't matter, it really doesn't matter...

Today in Sunday School, the lesson was on anger...

It went well and the kids were receptive. But I think their favorite part (second to the treats of course) was the wands I made them.

Yeah, that's right, I got crafty and made some delightful little wands for them. (I'm pretty much like the ghetto Martha Stewart...yeah, I'm that good. just wait til you feast your eyes upon the pic of the wands!)

What are the wands for, might you be wondering?...

They were 'anger wands.' I challenged them for the week, that any time someone upset them, or made them angery, or whatever, I told them to wave their wand and in a sing-songy (and preferably a higher pitched tone or even a British accented Mary Poppins voice) say:

"It doesn't matter! It really doesn't matter!"

There are so many things that are 'mole hills' as they say, and we seem to have a tendency to turn them in Kilimanjaros. We make a big deal of simple things, we overreact, we waste time and energy on things that really don't matter when we stop and think about them and put em in their proper perspective.

So I challenge us all to take on this attitude for the small things that really aren't as big of a deal as we sometimes make them. So next time I get all road-raged, or the next time I am running late and can't find my keys, or the next time I spill on myself and ruin my shirt...I will sport my best Mary Poppins voice, wave my imaginary wand and sing-songily declare: "It doesn't matter! It really doesn't matter!" You try it too...I think it's gonna be good!

Ghetto Chic Wands...
(I'm pretty sure Cinderella's Fairy Godmother
is gonna be wanting one of these bad boys!)

No comments:

Post a Comment