Tuesday, July 6, 2010

There Is A God


This morning I read an article that brought me to tears. It was about an elderly woman who had the cops called on her, because she had her husband's and sister's corpses stored in her home. Now before you flip out, listen to the reasoning...

This sweet 90 year old woman had the remains of her loved ones stored in her home because she fears that death just might be the end. She isn't sure that there is a God, and fears that this life is all there is.

I can't express how this broke my heart. It saddened me thinking of this dear old woman who has lost her two best friends, and couldn't bear to say goodbye. It is my presumption, but I am guessing that she is alone in this world, and that maybe by having them near her it eased some of that loneliness.

I know what it is like to lose someone you love dearly. That separation is agonizing. But I have something that this sweet woman doesn't...I have faith and hope that there is something more. I have faith and hope that there is a loving God who is the Father of us all, who sent us here for a purpose. I have faith and hope that this life is not the end and that there is something glorious that awaits us when we leave this frail existence.

As I read the article, it made me realize once again how blessed my life is because of my beliefs. They haven't made my life bliss or a road on easy street, but they have definitely made it much more manageable. Nothing completely takes the sting of death away for those that are left behind. But I must say that belief in God and His promises, makes that temporary goodbye, a bit more bearable. It gives hope to life, that after we have lived our own lives, there will be a glorious reunion with those who have gone on before...

And so I say to Jean and all other of you who doubt God...I pray with my whole soul that you will come to know as I do, that yes there is a God. A God who is the loving Father of us all. And that He does have a plan for each of us. This life is not the end. Glorious things await us. We will be reunited with our loved ones who preceded us in death. Of that I am sure, for it is this belief that gives purpose to each day of my life. I know I will see my dad again as well as the loving face of my Father. I will go on living and loving that God who I know lives and loves me, and when the time comes for me to leave mortality I am sure of the fact that I will return to that place which we all came from and there will be loving arms to greet me.

Seek Him, and you will surely find Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment