Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Bladder of Gall...

5 years ago today, I had a Cholecystectomy...
(Thats just fancy talk for taking out your gallbladder)

Here she is right before she was sucked out:
Pretty awesome huh?! (And notice the fat that surrounds the organs...thats one plus to bein' a big girl is that your internal organs are padded and protected pretty well.) Which also brings me to another point...I am thinking about suing my doctor for malpractice. Why you might ask? Because I am pretty sure that when he removed the ole gallbladder, he accidentally removed my metabolism as well. I'm no doctor and I'm not well versed with anatomy, so I can't say for sure if they are located next to one another in the human body, but all I know is that I have gained a lot of weight and either my metabolism died or it got sucked out with the gallbladder. I'm going with the 'it got sucked out' story as it sounds much more exciting...

So gallbladder of mine, I say to you...Thanks for your 22 years of good service. Oh wait, let's make that 21 because that last year you wern't so pleasant to be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment